Digital ocean is an America based cloud hosting company. The company’s goal was to build an easy-to-use platform that can help people move their projects to the cloud. It offers cloud services to developers that help deploy and scale applications running on multiple computers at the same time.
Digital ocean Spaces
Digital Ocean Spaces is an object storage service compatible with S3 which helps you store and serve large amounts of data. These spaces helps in reducing page load time, improving performance, reduce bandwidth and infrastructure cost. Spaces can be created and used within seconds . Here HTTPS is securing the data transfer.
Spaces are used to store static data, images, audios, videos, images as well as large amount of text.
- The basic Spaces subscription is $5/month , and it also helps you to create multiple Spaces.
- The subscription includes 250 GiB of data storage .
- If you need additional storage then it will be $0.02/GiB.
- This subscriptions include 1,024 GiB of outbound data transfer which is shared among all spaces.
- Additional outbound transfer is $0.01/GiB.
- Content delivery network (CDN) is included in this subscription.
Free outbound data transfer cases are –
- From Spaces in NYC3 to Droplets in NYC1, NYC2, and NYC3
- And from Spaces in SGP1 to Droplets in SGP1
- From Spaces in SFO2 to Droplets in SFO1 and SFO2
- And From Spaces in AMS3 to Droplets in AMS2 and AMS3
- From Spaces in FRA1 to Droplets in FRA1
Spaces Regional Availabilities
Spaces are available in following regions along with the CDN
|North america||Ashburn, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Jose, Seattle, Toronto|
|Europe||Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, Warsaw|
|South america||São Paulo (beta)|
|Asia||Hong Kong (beta), Manila (beta), Seoul (beta), Singapore (beta), Tokyo (beta)|
|Oceania||Melbourne (beta), Sydney (beta)|
Spaces object storage Limits
Spaces has certain limits which are listed here-
- 750 requests (any operation) per IP address per second to all Spaces on an account
- 150 PUTs, 150 DELETEs, 150 LISTs, and 240 other requests per second to any individual Space
- 2 COPYs per 5 minutes on any individual object in a Space
- Uploading up to 150 GB of data in 24 hours is unthrottled.
- If uploads to a Space exceed 150 GB of data in 24 hours, that Space’s upload bandwidth is gradually throttled until its 24-hour accumulated uploads return to 150 GB or less.
- If uploads to a Space exceed 270 GB of data in 24 hours, that Space’s upload bandwidth is set to 1MB/s for the next 24 hours.
- Sharing ownership of Spaces is currently per account, not per Space.
- You cannot delete more than 10,000 files from a Space at once via the control panel. You can use the API or delete fewer files at a time.
Features of using Digital ocean spaces
- Unique Url’s
- High availability
- content delivery network
- Solid state drives
- Global image transfer